Beautiful salad that can be shared with friends on a hot summer day, as a main meal for lunch or dinner. Add a simple grilled fish or chicken, and you have a feast.
Grilled Salad Plenty
2 small eggplants
2 tbsp traditional Pesto
2 red capsicums
2 small zucchinis
10 button mushrooms
200g Baby Rocket leaves
1/2 Spanish/red onion, finely sliced
80g Manchego cheese
1/4 cup 4 leaves balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Bake capsicum for 15 minutes at 185c. Once cooled down, remove seeds and skin, cut into 3cm square pieces.
2. Cut eggplants into lengthwise slices, about 5mm thick and soak them in salted water for 10 minutes. Cut mushrooms in halves. Dry eggplants with paper towel and spray with oil. Bake all at 180C for a few minutes until soft.
3. Cut zucchini into 1.5cm chunks, season and stir fry until soft.
4. Shake the dressing components in the jar, then mix into the rocket and sliced onions, then make a layer over the shallow salad serving dish.
5. Spread the pesto over the eggplant slices and roll. Tuck them under the salad all around the dish, evenly distribute zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms over the dish. Using a fork bring the rocket to the top in a few places pushing vegetables below.
6. Shave Manchego cheese and throw over the salad just before serving.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth
Courgette (Zucchini) is a simple and affordable fruit that is harvested immature. Some information about zucchini was collected in the other post for Zucchini Patties recipe. Young zucchini have a subtle taste and they are perfect for being used raw in salads. If you like cucumbers try to substitute them with young zucchini and you will increase your vitamin intake. Below recipe uses uncooked zucchini but not completely raw!
Marinated Zucchini Salad
5 small zucchini
100g soft goat cheese
Enjoy this divine salad. It’s a perfect entrée for any occasion and season. Dairy free and gluten free, but it had to have leek, my apologies to those with fructose intolerance.
Trout and Beetroot Salad
1 tainbow trout
15 cm white leek
500g white sweet potato, purple skin
1/2 cup mayonnaise
*1-2 days required to cure the
* Springform (~20cm)
My Trio Colour Salad might sound too simple but it is elegant and very tasty. I also love this salad because:
- It’s convenient. The root vegetables can be stored very well, unlike the greens that you need to buy on a day. I use them raw in this salad so it is very quick to prepare.
- It’s excellent for weight management. These root vegetables are packed with nutrients, also are high in fibre that help to keep you feeling full longer and are also low in calories.
- It’s a healing salad. They reduce chronic inflammation due to Choline nutrient.
- It’s very healthy. Beets contain an antioxidant called Alpha-Lipoic acid, which has been shown to lower glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
- It’s beneficial for your health. Carrot is a unique source of vitamin A.
You will need this Strip Slicer
Recently I have been to Hawaii, on vacation. There was a Japanese restaurant in Waikiki called Daraku that we visited regularly. My favourite dish there was sushi without rice and it inspired me for this recipe.
Those who lived in winter temperatures below zero would know how important fermented foods are in winter.
Never thought there could be a ‘war’ between superfoods. If you look for kale and broccoli comparison information you may find this picture within an article published by ‘Salt Sugar Fat’.