I feel almost awkward to use Cos (Romaine) lettuce and not to call the salad Caesar.
This salad combination works for any protein bites. After trying chicken, fish, meat balls, and prawns, I am suggesting to use premium chicken liver, that is crunchy outside and so tender and smooth inside. This salad is refreshing thanks to its dressing and is a full meal, which contains everything we need: protein, fats, good carbs and fibre.
If you have Hot Air Fryer, I highly recommend to use it, however a similar result can be achieved using a frying pan.
500g chicken liver
1/3 cup trio quinoa raw
1/4 cup oat bran
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp dry garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
1 baby cos lettuce, washed and cut into pieces
1 avocado, diced
100 g your favourite soft cheese, dairy or vegan, sliced or crumbled
100 g mini tomatoes
Optional: 2 eggs, boiled hard and cut in half
1 Meyer lemon (or 1/2 large lemon and 1/2 orange)
1/3 cup Olive oil
1 clove garlic
1. Wash the liver thoroughly, then trim from all connecting tissues. Cut it into bite size pieces. After washing place them over the multiple layers of a paper towel to remove the excess water.
2. Mix the dry ingredients from the Protein Ingredients list in a small bowl.
3. Place the chicken liver pieces into the dry mix and make sure all pieces covered consistently.
4. Put hot air fryer at 200C. Once the temperature is achieved, place the protein bites in a fryer for 10 minutes.
5. Mix all the Dressing Ingredients in the jar and shake well until consistent.
6. Lay out the Salad Ingredients over the serving platter.
7. Transfer the protein over the salad while warm, sprinkle any loose fried quinoa crumbles over the salad (instead of using salt in the dressing). Pour the dressing over the whole platter and serve immediately.
Copyright © MagicTableC