This Dragon really likes the dressing, be generous with it and herbs. Red onion is optional and it needs to be sliced very thinly.
3 tbsp Besan flour
1 eggplant, long and not too wide
1 zucchini, similar size as the eggplant
6 flat mushrooms, similar diameter
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 ripe tomatoes, similar size as mushrooms
a few sprigs of basil and coriander
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup walnuts
1/4 cup water
3 tsp chia seeds
2 tsp dry sweet paprika
1 tsp dry garlic powder
1/5 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
3/4 cup light olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
* long and narrow serving plate
- To make the dressing, combine water and chia seeds in a jar, wait for a few minutes to thicken. Add all other ingredients where the oils need to be last. Leave the jar at the room temperature for about 20 minutes before starting on the second step.
- Using a stick blender start from the very bottom on high speed. Then as you see white clouds at the bottom of the jar, start moving up very slowly. The cloud should follow the blender. Once on the top, reduce the speed and move in circles to mix it all.
- Put oven on to 185C/365F.
- Slice eggplant into 1.5cm/0.5in six thick wheels and put them in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Similarly slice the zucchini and season.
- Remove the mushroom stems and rub in the salt, pepper and garlic. Lay out zucchini and mushrooms (stem side up) on the baking sheet and put into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes twice thinner than eggplant and zucchini, chop the herbs and nuts. Put all aside.
- Use paper towel to dry the eggplant slices. Mix Besan flour, 1 tsp of fine salt and 1/2 tsp of ground pepper. Press the eggplant into the flour and shake off. Fry on well oiled pan for about 2 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- On the serving plate, construct the dragon as six groups of mushroom, zucchini, tomato, eggplant.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad and top with the chopped basil and walnuts.
Copyright © MagicTablecloth