Beautiful salad that can be shared with friends on a hot summer day, as a main meal for lunch or dinner. Add a simple grilled fish or chicken, and you have a feast.
Grilled Salad Plenty
2 small eggplants
2 tbsp traditional Pesto
2 red capsicums
2 small zucchinis
10 button mushrooms
200g Baby Rocket leaves
1/2 Spanish/red onion, finely sliced
80g Manchego cheese
1/4 cup 4 leaves balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Bake capsicum for 15 minutes at 185c. Once cooled down, remove seeds and skin, cut into 3cm square pieces.
2. Cut eggplants into lengthwise slices, about 5mm thick and soak them in salted water for 10 minutes. Cut mushrooms in halves. Dry eggplants with paper towel and spray with oil. Bake all at 180C for a few minutes until soft.
3. Cut zucchini into 1.5cm chunks, season and stir fry until soft.
4. Shake the dressing components in the jar, then mix into the rocket and sliced onions, then make a layer over the shallow salad serving dish.
5. Spread the pesto over the eggplant slices and roll. Tuck them under the salad all around the dish, evenly distribute zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms over the dish. Using a fork bring the rocket to the top in a few places pushing vegetables below.
6. Shave Manchego cheese and throw over the salad just before serving.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth