A beautiful salad that has the most common vegetables, however, it is very unique. The ingredients below are enough for two people. So, If you are planning to share this salad with more people, please just multiply each ingredient equally.
This salad can easily be a main lunch meal on a summer day. Add grilled fish or chicken, and you have a feast dinner :-}
1 small eggplant
2 tbsp Pesto
1 red capsicums
1 small zucchinis
6 button mushrooms, cut in halves
100g baby Rocket (Arugula) leaves
1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
50g Manchego cheese
1/5 cup 4 leaves balsamic vinegar
1/5 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper as desired
1. Bake the capsicum for 15 minutes at 180C (356F). Once cooled down, remove the seeds and skin, cut into 3cm square pieces.
2. Cut eggplants into lengthwise slices, about 5mm (about 1/5 inch) thick and soak them in salted water for 10 minutes. Cut mushrooms in halves and season well. Dry eggplants with paper towel and spray with oil. Bake all at 180C (356F) for 5 minutes or until just soft.
3. Cut zucchini into chunks, season and stir fry until soft.
4. Thoroughly shake the dressing components in the jar with tight lid, then mix it into the rocket and onion slices. Evenly lay this dressed salad out over the shallow serving dish.
5. Spread the eggplant slices with pesto and roll. Tuck them under the salad all around the edge of the salad dish. Evenly distribute zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms over the salad and using a fork bring the rocket to the top in a few places pushing vegetables below.
6. Shave Manchego cheese over the salad just before serving.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth