These Beef Cutlets are very tender, and you can use any lean cut, although I recommend the beef topside. This special way of cooking the lean beef will make it so versatile, you can enjoy the Beef Cutlets with any salad, in a burger, or even on its own as a snack.
When a high protein diets are followed, it is important to remember about the fibre. And, this is exactly what makes these Beef Cutlets special!
1. In oven cooking:
500g beef topside
1 small onion
1/2 cup oat bran
1 tsp Cumin seeds, flat
Salt and pepper to taste
2. On stove cooking:
1/4 cup of stock or water
* 2-3 litre pot
1. Dice the topside into about 5-7mm pieces.
2. Preheat an oven to 200C/392F.
3. Finely dice the onion, mix with meat and seasoning, cover and leave for 30 minutes (can be left in the fridge for longer if needed).
4. Add all other ingredients for cooking in oven and mix well. Cover the tray with a baking paper and lightly spray with oil. You can make up to 15 patties 55-60 g each. Using hands, form round patties, about 5 cm in diameter. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Transfer all cutlets into the deep pan carefully not to break, then sprinkle with stock or water , close the lid, cover with towel, and keep on the very low heat min for 30 minutes. It can cook slowly up to an hour, if needed add water by a spoon, the patties shouldn’t fry.