- 1 butterflied lamb leg
- 500 g dry chickpeas
- 80 g barberries (or, prunes and apricots)
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cup lightly salted water
- Salt and pepper
- 30cm Tagine
- Soak dry chickpeas in a cold water for a few hours or overnight.
- Turn the oven to 200C/392F. Rub the lamb with salt, pepper and garlic, getting into all layers and cuts.
- Slice the whole onion and distribute the onion rings in the bottom of the tagine. Also, slice the half of the lemon and put the lamb over the onions and lemon slices. Drain and add the soaked chickpeas to the tagine filling all the gaps.
- Add peppers, seeds and barberries to the water, and pour it over the chickpeas so that the lamb is almost covered.
- Put the tagine into the oven at 200C/392F for 30 minutes then reduce the temperature to 150C for 1 hour. Reduce to 120C/248F and keep the tagine there for 30-60 minutes depending on when you want to serve it during this hour.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth