My Trio Colour Salad might sound too simple but it is elegant and very tasty. I also love this salad because:
- It’s convenient. The root vegetables can be stored very well, unlike the greens that you need to buy on a day. I use them raw in this salad so it is very quick to prepare.
- It’s excellent for weight management. These root vegetables are packed with nutrients, also are high in fibre that help to keep you feeling full longer and are also low in calories.
- It’s a healing salad. They reduce chronic inflammation due to Choline nutrient.
- It’s very healthy. Beets contain an antioxidant called Alpha-Lipoic acid, which has been shown to lower glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
- It’s beneficial for your health. Carrot is a unique source of vitamin A.
The ratio of beetroot, turnip and carrot content is not very important, but if you want to get three distinct vibrant colours in your salad you need to follow the ratio, 1:2:3 for beetroot, turnip and carrots. You can also change the amounts of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to achieve a preferred level of sweetness, or maybe even use a pinch of stevia if needed.
Trio Colour Salad
1 small beetroot
1 medium turnip
lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
Dry roasted pumpkin seeds
Optional: pinch cayenne pepper
1. Peel and grate all the roots.
2. Make a dressing using all other ingredients.
3. Combine and serve.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth