I agree, cherries are superfood, especially Morello cherries. They are also called sour cherries, and in US they are tart cherries.
Lately, I hear that Morello cherries contain melatonin. This is a very unique quality, as melatonin hormone is naturally produced in the body but many suffer from a low levels of it and, hence, lack of sleep. Then synthetic melatonin is used for adjusting the body’s internal clock for changing time zones or insomnia. Sour cherry is a natural source for melatonin, however they are very seasonal. So, I found that they are excellent berries for freezing.
This Clafoutis recipe below does not contain cane sugar and dairy proteins. For my family, it is a perfect dish for brunch celebrations.
350g/12oz Morello cherries
100g/3.5oz Rice Malt Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
270ml/9oz light coconut cream
1 tbsp ghee
2/3 cup white rice flour, fine
* silicone baking dish 18cm/7in
1. Preheat oven to 185C/365F.
2. Place cherries in the saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water, cover and cook on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Using an electric mixer beat eggs until smooth and light. Add all the ingredients gradually and continue to mix until well combined.
4. Remove the stones and place cherries on the bottom of the form evenly and pour batter over the cherries.
5. Bake at 185C/365F for 25 mins with fan on, or at 200C/392F for 30 minutes with no fan. Serve warm.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth