This is a variation of my No-Cheese Cheesecake recipe that I had to do for myself. I cannot find a Teff flour in the Australian shops, which was pre-Covid imported from the US. Another important reason is that a coffee-flavoured dessert does not go well with a coffee 🙂 So, this is just another opportunity to enjoy a ‘cheesecake’! Lemons are in season also.
Lemon No-Cheese Cheesecake
700g/25oz baked sweet potato (purple skin, white flesh)
2 small lemons (Meyer)
3 tbsp Xylitol sugar
3/4 cup Sorghum flour
Extra Xylitol for the second finely sliced lemon, about 1 full teaspoon.
* spring form 20 cm and baking paper
1. Bake potato in oven at 190C/374F, until very soft. Let it cool, peel and cut into chunks to prepare for processing. Reduce the oven temperature to 175C/167F.
2. Beat the eggs in the food processor until thick and consistent, not more than a minute.
3. Grate only one lemon zest, the yellow skin, on the fine and juice this whole lemon into the processor bowl. Add all the other ingredients except the flour and process until a smooth and consistent mixture.
4. Add Sorghum flour and process if your equipment allows that, or use spatula to move thick dry parts from the walls and mix manually until you have a smooth mass.
5. Use a layer of baking paper on the bottom and double layer for the wall of the spring form. Transfer the mass into the form and smooth the surface with a spatula. Slice the second lemon, dust with Xylitol and decorate the cake. Bake at 175C/167F for 35 minutes.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth