In Australia, it is Fall now, or we call it Autumn. There is an abundance of vegetables in the Fall and it is a wonderful time of the year to create nutritious meals! I feel lucky to be able to try such a variety of mushrooms this year, as well.
A nice comforting risotto that is full of flavours and low in carbs – this is what I have been trying to create. I tried many combinations and presenting three of them below. My favourite is the Freekah one with lots of wild mushrooms.
The recipe is easy and you can replace the grain and mushrooms to what is desired or available. However, its combination with sweet peas, crunchy pumpkin seeds and freshness of the parsley is something you must try.
Mushroom and Pea Risotto.
- Thoroughly wash and soak rice for about 30 minutes. Finely dice or mince the garlic and cut the mushrooms into 6 or 8 segments.
- Mix mushroom and garlic well with seasoning, then cook using oil on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms change in colour and moist. Immediately transfer the mushrooms into a plate, leaving any juices in the pan.
- Add the rice to the pan and one cup of water, cook on low heat periodically stirring until absorbed. Repeat with a cup of stock twice.
- Grate about a quarter of the nutmeg over the pan then add peas and another cup of stock. Cook until the rice is almost ready.
- Use the last cup of stock and the mushrooms and mix well. When all the liquid is fully absorbed, mix in the milk and let it just to start simmering. Serve with finely chopped parsley and pumpkin seeds on top. Asparagus can be also finely cut and mixed in along with the parsley.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth