Enjoy this divine salad. It’s a perfect entrée for any occasion and season. Dairy free and gluten free, but it had to have leek, my apologies to those with fructose intolerance.
Trout and Beetroot Salad
1 tainbow trout
15 cm white leek
500g white sweet potato, purple skin
1/2 cup mayonnaise
*1-2 days required to cure the
* Springform (~20cm)
My Trio Colour Salad might sound too simple but it is elegant and very tasty. I also love this salad because:
- It’s convenient. The root vegetables can be stored very well, unlike the greens that you need to buy on a day. I use them raw in this salad so it is very quick to prepare.
- It’s excellent for weight management. These root vegetables are packed with nutrients, also are high in fibre that help to keep you feeling full longer and are also low in calories.
- It’s a healing salad. They reduce chronic inflammation due to Choline nutrient.
- It’s very healthy. Beets contain an antioxidant called Alpha-Lipoic acid, which has been shown to lower glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
- It’s beneficial for your health. Carrot is a unique source of vitamin A.
You will need this Strip Slicer