Lemon is a versatile fruit.
If ‘use of lemon’ is searched on Google it returns a lot of various references. One page suggested 45 uses for lemon, and in addition to that there are comments with even more suggestions.
It is claimed that lemon has miraculous healing qualities. After reading research material I think the root quality of lemon is in its high content of vitamin C. Although there are many other vitamins and minerals in lemon, as well as being packed with antioxidants.
Unfortunately, I could not find any supporting material for the alkalising qualities of lemon, as there were many claims on this lately. It has been very popular to drink lemon water in the morning 15-20 minutes before breakfast. I trust it may help many, or it is what I’ve heard from others. Food Matters site listed the benefits of lemon water last year.
I use lemon juice in my cooking every day. One day I decided to create a recipe that would contain a fresh lemon as a central ingredient of the dish. So, here you are, my judges.
Spicy Lemon Cake
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
2 tablespoons stevia
2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
150g ground hazelnut (or almond)
2 medium lemons (~8cm)
1/2 cup of stevia
1/2 teaspoon of baking spice (containss ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger)
5g agar-agar powder
1/2 cup water
300g whipped cream
1 teaspoon stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Soak agar in cold water in a covered saucepan. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. Cover the bottom of the spring cake tin with baking paper and wipe sides with oil.
3. Mix yoghurt, stevia, egg, oil and hazelnut meal to form a dough. Using a spatula spread the dough in the tin. Bake at 175C for 15 mins.
4. Peel zest off lemons but leave it on 1/2 of one lemon. Cut the lemons to remove the seeds. Using a blender, process lemons with the baking spices to make a paste.
5. Constantly mix water with agar on medium heat until the mixture boils, add stevia and heat until it bubbles. Remove from the heat.
6. When the base is ready, combine the lemon paste and agar syrup then spread the filling over the base and refrigerate for an hour.
7. Once the cake is cold beat whipping cream, stevia, and vanilla essence until soft peaks form and spread to make a third layer.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth