Christmas Cheese Cake
250g cottage cheese
250g cream cheese, spreadable
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1/3 cup stevia (or 3/4 cup caster sugar)
100g unsalted pistachio nuts, crushed and sifted
1/4 cup amaranth flour
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
1 teaspoon baking soda
* Optional icing sugar
21cm spring cake tin
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Beat cheeses, vanilla essence and stevia using an electrical mixer until the mixture is consistent.
3. Then add one egg at a time and continue beating.
4. Put about 15g of pistachio flour aside and gradually add the rest into the mixture, then amaranth flour, and continue beating.
5. Mix yoghurt and soda together to react. The yoghurt will become airy if there is enough acidity. Otherwise add a few drops of lemon juice. Add to the cheeses and mix until all combined well.
6. Prepare the cake tin. Use a single layer of baking paper at the bottom and double width for the sides.
7. Transfer the mix into the form and lay out about a half of raspberries on top of the cake gently pressing so that not the whole berry sunk into the cheese cake. Bake at 175C for 35 minutes with no fan.
8. When the cake is ready, let it cool in the tin. Then remove and when completely cooled dust with saved pistachio flour and decorate with raspberries. To finish off with decorations, use icing sugar if desired.
Alternatively decorate with Morello cherry jelly and pistachio.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth