Meal prepping has become an important part of our modern life for those who are too busy to cook during the week but want to eat healthy. These beef ribs are perfect for that!
Twice Cooked Beef Rib
4 beef ribs
500ml/17oz vegetable stock
1 cup water
1 tsp ground pepper
2 bay leaves
1 tsp minced garlic
4 medium size potatoes, alternative 4 large flat mushrooms
1 tbsp butter
* 22cm/8in pot; frying pan
1. Lightly season the meat. In the pot, heat up oil and fry the ribs 1 min on the three soft side (not the bone).
2. Add the stock and water to just cover all meat, also cloves, pepper, and bay leaves. Cook on low heat for 1 hour, then simmer on very low for 2 hours. If parts of the meat are exposed, don’t add water, just gently turn the meat over.
3. Add the garlic to the pot and switch off the heat. Rotate or shake the pot to mix the garlic around. Now, this pot can be stored in the fridge until serving time, if needed.
4. About 20 minutes before the serving time, thoroughly wash the potatoes with a rough cloth and microwave them on two sides until soft.
5. Using something flat, gently press over each potato to make it about 2-3 cm thick. Before seasoning a potato, sprays it with a bit of water, so the salt sticks to it.
6. Heat up a frying pan with the butter and fry potatoes 1 min on each side over medium-high heat. Alternatively, fry the flat mushrooms using the same method.
7. Heat up the frying pan sprayed with oil lightly and fry the ribs also 1 minute on each side over medium-high heat. Stack potatoes and ribs over your favourite relish or salsa.
Copyright © MagicTablecloth