Yet another Pumpkin recipe!
If you’ve managed to quit the sugar or trying to, but craving for a jam, try this recipe. You will love it!
Maybe you have some baked pumpkin left from Pumpkin Bread recipe, then this will be a great use for it.
This recipe also contains chia seeds; such a good source of calcium, protein, magnesium and phosphorus. Enjoy and stay healthy.
Pumpkin and Chia Jam
300 g ripe sweet pumpkin, alternatively roasted and ready-to-use pumpkin
2 Golden Delicious apples
2 tablespoon Chia seeds
1 tablespoon honey, for diabetic version use 1 teaspoon of Stevia sugar or add no sweetener at all
1. Preheat oven to 185C. If using ready-to-use pumpkin go to step 3.
2. Remove the pumpkin seeds, cover and bake for 50 minutes or until soft.
3. Bake apples for 25 minutes, or until they start collapsing. If baking pumpkin, add them into the oven half-way.
4. Remove apple skin and the middle, place the soft apple into a food processor along with chia seeds and honey..
5. Transfer all the soft pumpkin including any liquid collected in the pumpkin into the food processor. Process all ingredients until smooth and put into a glass jar to refrigerate.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth