This has been my most iterated recipe so far. Finding the flours combination and make this mushroom pie gluten-free took many trials and tastings!
The best form for this pie is a 20 cm (8 inches) silicone form. If Sorghum flour is not available in your area, feel free to use brown rice flour.
Buckwheat Mushroom Pie
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup Sorghum flour
3/4 cup hot water (about 60-70C/ 140-150F)
35g ghee (or melted butter, if not allergic to dairy)
3 tbsp oil
1/4 cup vegan, goat, sheep or Greek yoghurt
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
1 tbsp lemon juice
350g button mushrooms, finely sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
15g ghee (or butter)
2 tbsp buckwheat flour
Salt and pepper
*Silicone round form about 18-20cm / 7in
1. Season mushrooms well and cook in a frying pan with garlic and butter for 5 minutes on medium heat, reduce the cooking time if juices start to separate. Mix the flour in, heat through, and switch off the stove. Let the mushrooms rest covered until step 5.
2. Make the base dough by gradually adding the hot water to the combined flours. Make a consistent smooth mixture.
3. Combine soda and lemon juice to react. Mix in the dough ingredients in the order of the recipe above until well combined.
4. Use a half of the dough to spread on the bottom of the baking form and bake for 5-7 mins at 175C/347F.
5. Distribute the mushrooms over the base not too close to the walls. Then, using a spatula, spread the rest of the dough over the top also filling the gap at the walls. Bake at 180C/356F for 30 minutes with fan or for 37 minutes without fan. Serve warm.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth