This has been my longest trial so far. Maybe it shows I crave pastries. Maybe because I have been trying to make it gluten free. Apology to my coeliac (celiac) followers, but I could not. If you want to experiment, try to substitute Spelt flour with Brown Rice flour. Although, the flavour will be different, the overall experience will be very close.
So, here we are!
Buckwheat Mushroom Pie
1 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup very hot water
25g ghee (or butter, if not allergic to dairy)
3 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup goat, sheep or greek yoghurt, vegan is OK too.
1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
350g button mushrooms, finely sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
15g ghee (or butter)
2 tablespoon wholemeal spelt flour
salt and pepper
*silicone baking form about 18-20cm
1. Season mushrooms well and cook with garlic in butter for 5 minutes on low-medium heat, reduce the cooking time if juices start to separate. Add two tablespoons of spelt flour, heat through, and switch off the heat. Cover and let it rest until step 5.
2. Make a dough from buckwheat flour by gradually adding the hot water. Make a consistent smooth mixture.
3. Dissolve soda in lemon juice to react, then combine all the dough ingredients in the order of the recipe, mix well until consistent.
4. Use a half of the dough to spread over the baking form and bake for 5-7 mins at 175C.
5. Distribute the mushrooms over the base not too close to the walls. Then, using a spatula, distribute the rest of the dough over the top also filling the gap at the walls. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes with fan or for 45 minutes without fan. Serve warm.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth