This has been my longest trial so far. Maybe it shows I crave pastries. Maybe because I have been trying to make it gluten free. Apology to my coeliac (celiac) followers, but I could not. If you want to experiment, try to substitute Spelt flour with Brown Rice flour. Although, the flavour will be different, the overall experience will be very close.
So, here we are!
Buckwheat Mushroom Pie
1 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup very hot water
25g ghee (or butter, if not allergic to dairy)
3 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup goat, sheep or greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour, take 2 tablespoons for filling
350g button mushrooms, finely sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
15g ghee (or butter)
2 tablespoon wholemeal spelt flour
salt and pepper
*silicone baking form and frying pan with lid, matching sizes
1. Season mushrooms well and cook with garlic in butter for 5 minutes on low-medium heat, reduce the cooking time if juices start to separate. Add two tablespoons of spelt flour, heat through, and switch off the heat. Cover and let it cool.
2. Make a dough from buckwheat flour by gradually adding the hot water. Make a consistent mixture.
3. Dissolve soda in lemon juice to react, then combine all the dough ingredients in the order of the recipe, mix well until consistent.
4. Use little oil or spray with oil the frying pan on medium heat, then cook half of the dough as if you were making a large pan cake that covers the whole pan. Reduce the heat to minimum and cover with the lid, cook for 2-3 minute.
5. (If you don’t have matching sizes form and pan, cut the base out for a required size in the pan. Enjoy the cuts, they are tasty!) Turn over the pan cake into the baking form and spread the mushrooms on top of it. Then, using a spatula, distribute the rest of the dough over the top. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes with fan or for 45 minutes without fan.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth