In Tzatziki and Teff Crackers post we discussed the health benefits of teff. This recipe will be loved by those who enjoy corn polenta but wish it had less carbs and more protein. Adding olives and cheese is just my improvisation that adds more flavours, you can also experiment with herbs and seeds. This polenta is best to accompany any dish with a sauce. Alternatively, polenta slices can be toasted and served with a soup.
5 cups water
1 cup polenta
1 cup teff flour
100g parmesan, shaved
1/4 cup light olive oil
3/4 cup pitted olives, sliced
1/2 nutmeg, finely grated
8 slices provolone or halloumi cheese
Salt and pepper
*Square baking dish about 20x20cm
1. Heat salted water in a deep saucepan and slowly add polenta in a thin stream, constantly whisking or mixing using a silicon spatula. Cook on very low for 2 minutes constantly stirring with a spatula or until polenta thickens.
2. Switch off the heat. Add olives, spices, then oil and mix well.
3. Gradually add teff flour constantly mixing until well combined. Put aside for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the parmesan, it should not dissolve. Transfer into the form.
5. Decorate the surface of Polenta with slices of Provolone or Halloumi cheese. Bake at 175C for 30 minutes.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth