This is just a great family meal for a winter weekend! Enjoy 🙂
500g diced goat
5 gloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
200ml coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Salt as desired
1 kent pumpkin (whole, not heavier than 2 kg)
1. Heat a wok with a splash of sunflower oil and add the diced goat. Mix the meat for 1-2 minutes, close the lid and leave it on small-medium flame until juices are clear.
2. In the meantime dice the onions and mince the garlic. Turn the oven on to 200C.
3. Add prepared ginger, onion, garlic and all the spices to the meat, mix well, and slowly cook until the meat is tender.
4. At the end add the coconut milk and simmer the curry until the sauce thickens a little. Approximately 5-10 minutes.
5. Cut out the top of the pumpkin as to make a pumpkin pot with lid. Discard all the seeds.
6. Transfer cooked curry into the pumpkin, cover with its pumpkin lid, place it onto the large pan and put it into the oven for 50 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Test with a toothpick.
7. Serve the pumpkin in the pan straight from the oven and use a large spoon to scoop out the meat and the pumpkin flesh.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth