If Red Lentils are good for soups, Brown Lentils are good for salads. By using sprouted Brown Lentils you could create a very exquisite one.
Sprouted Brown Lentils can be stored in a refrigerator very well, for a week if needed. To sprout lentils you just need to keep them wet for a few days at the room temperature. Initially soak the lentils in the water overnight, then transfer into the shallow container to make a layer up to 1 cm then regularly rinse the lentils or spray them with water.
Once you are happy with what is achieved, pack the sprouts into a tight container and store in a refrigerator. From 1 cup of dry Brown Lentils you will get 2 cups of sprouts.
Sprouted Brown Lentil Salad
1 cup sprouted brown lentils
120g baby spinach leaves
120-150g goat cheese, soft
5 baby beets
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 small juicy oranges
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (optional)
1. Boil beetroot for 15-20 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Once the beetroots are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut each into 6-8 segments.
3. Segment and cut oranges into small pieces (retain all juices) and combine with vinegar, oil, and beetroots and leave for 10-15 minutes in a bowl.
4. In the meantime wash and dry spinach leaves and make a layer in the salad serving platter, and top with crumbled cheese
5. Evenly distribute the dressing with oranges and beets over the spinach and toss very lightly. Sprinkle with pine nuts or pumpkin seeds before serving.
Total: 1315 calories.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth