- 1 lamb shoulder
- 500 g freekah (or your preferred grain/legume)
- 100 g prunes
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 onion (or 1 fennel)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 cup vegetable stock (or lightly salted water)
- Salt and pepper
- 30cm Tangine
- Turn the oven to 200C. Make a small cut in the thick places of the lamb shoulder. Rub it with salt, pepper and garlic, try to get into all layers and cuts.
- Slice the whole onion and distribute the onion rings in the bottom of tangine.
- Put lamb shoulder over the onions. Pour Freekah in all the gaps but not over the lamb.
- Add Cayenne pepper to the stock and pour it over the Freekah so that the lamb is almost covered. Evenly distribute prunes over, by just lightly pressing in.
- Put the tangine into the oven at 200C for 30 minutes then reduce the temperature to 150C for 1 hour. Reduce to 120C and keep the tangine there for 30-60 minutes depending on when you want to serve it during this hour.
Copyright © MagicTableCloth